Saturday 31 December 2011

Remembering the Roots of Life

     A  New  year  is  not  a  new  year  if  there  is  no  attempt  from  our  side  to  have  a  re look  at  our  own  life. Just  a  change  of  calender  is  not  a  wise  way  of  celebrating  a  new  year. Let  us  take  a  few  important  decisions  to  make  our  lives  really  meaningful. I  would  like  to  call  them  ROOTS  OF  LIFE.
It  is  time  to  remember  these  roots.
                                                        1.I  will  speak  Truth,  and  Truth  only. I  will not  escape  with  a  lie. I  may  face  a  few  troubles  if  I  speak  Truth , but  I  stick  to it. .                                                                                                                2.The  world  may  hurt  me  and  the  people  in  it  may  insult  me ,but  I  will  be  kind  with  everything  and  everybody. I  will  hate  none; dislike  none  and  hurt none.                         
                                                        3.As  much  as  possible , I  will  remain  silent  because  God  likes  silence. I  will  not  take  any  interest  in  useless  talk  and  idle  chat . But  this  does  not  mean  that  I  am not  concerned  with the  world. I  will  try  my  best  to  reduce  the  suffering  of  the  world  at  least  to  a  very  little  extent. For  that  I  pray  God  for  His  grace, without  which  nothing  is  possible.                        
                                                        4. I  will  treat  every  woman  as  another  form  of  my  Divine  Mother. If  I  find  any  woman  either  in a trouble  or  on  a  wrong  path , I  will  try  to  bring  a  good  change  in  her. If  they  misunderstand  my  intentions, I  will  come  out  of  their  path ,  without  any  hatred  towards  them. But  I  will not  forget  my  path. My  path  is  the  path  to  God.                                         
                                                        5.I  will  live  a  very  simple  life. As  much  simple  as  possible. I  will eat  only  to  live ,  will not  live  to  eat. As  much  as  possible,  I  will not  eat  out side, because  parties, functions  and  other  such  gatherings  have  become  artificial, expensive  and  rather  misleading.  if  I  were  to  attend  any  function, and  offered  some thing  to  eat, I  will  take  very  little  and  waste  nothing.  I  respect  food  as  God.  Annam  parabrahma  swaroopam.                                                                                                                                     6. I  will wear  very  simple, inexpensive  clothes  just  enough  to  protect  me  from  cold,  heat  and  rain. I  understand  that   a  man  in  poor  clothes  with  a  kind  and  honest  attitude  is  much  more  beautiful  than  a  millionaire  without  kindness. I  will  always  remember  what  Henry  David  Thoreau  has  said :''  I  had  been  rich  with out  any  damage   to   my  poverty.                                                                                                                                          [ to  be  continued]                                                                               

4 comments:

  1. I wish we could live up to your words and would like to read(learn) more from you.
    wish u a very happy new year, sir.

    best regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sir. My eyes turned to tears. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A step in the right direction. Thank you, Sir. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete